|psaux.com > discount arcade > Cleopatra|
This was advertised as a winter project. Specifically, though, it took six winters and a few other seasons.
I have pictures of this game before I started work on it. I need some more now that it's much improved.
When I got the game, it didn't work (lights are on, but nobody's home). I had to remove the battery and restore some traces. This fixed the CPU, but because of the weirdness of the System 1 system, I didn't know I'd done it until years later when Chris said I just needed to clear the memory!
The game included a spare used playfield with this game when I got it. The spare playfield was much better than the original, but still had major wear in the high-traffic areas.
It took me years to get around to beginning to touching-up the spare playfield, then years more to finish, and then a few weeks to do the playfield swap. I finished the swap on 22 March 2011.
I had intended to clearcoat the playfield, but I took a look at my touchups and realized that if I clearcoated, I would never be satisfied, but if I stopped and just called it "done", I could live with it. So that's what I have done. Once I made that decision, it was about three days work to do a playfield swap.
I still have some minor problems to fix (some of my solder work didn't hold) but on the whole, I'm very pleased.